Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Boy is HOME!



Well this afternoon I got a call from K, it went something like this..."We have a problem." Me, "What happened?" K, "The camp called and Z has a temp of 102, so they need us to come get him." Me, "Can you wait for me to get home, so I can go too?" K, "Why don't you just go straight from school?!?" Me, "OK, I'm leaving right now"

So after about an hour drive I got to see my baby! When he hugged me I almost didn't let go! He was so bummed to be going home early, but his momma was sure happy to have him coming home. I wish he hadn't gotten sick, but he did get to make a lot of great memories and from what I can tell he had a really good time. This kid is already planning to go back as a counselor when he is in high school. It's too funny because I was a counselor in high school too!

So on this Finer Things Friday I am so very happy to have my baby home and in his own bed!

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I can imagine. My son went to youth camp this year for the first time and I was a basketcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry he got sick! I know I'll be a mess when that time comes for us as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so hard to be away when they are sick. Glad he's home safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!