Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hospitality




We have had a wave of visitors over the past couple of weekends, which has been wonderful! I am so grateful that we are able to keep in touch with old friends and out of town family. I am even more grateful that we have a nice place for them to come over and hang out with a full pantry, so I can cook for these unexpected guests! I know we are blessed to have what we have, but sharing it is what really reminds me of how far we've come as a family.

I always wanted my home to look like a "Better Homes and Gardens" pictorial, but with 3 boys and a limited budget my ideals have had to change. My home now feels like a family and there are plenty of chairs to pull up in my beloved kitchen. It has become a gathering place and I am so much more happy with that than I would ever be with the picture perfect "Better Homes" model. We live here and it shows, although sometimes I wish it didn't show so much!

So if you're ever out my way drop me a line. You might see toys and Legos strewn about, but you will feel the warmth that has enveloped our family's home. Our house is a house of hospitality and that is worth more than all the Pottery Barn dreams in the world!

You should head on over to Laura's at Heavenly Homemakers to see what everyone else is grateful for on this Gratituesday!

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to have visitors, I bet your home is wonderful and a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! This is what I am looking to develop in my own home - hence the title of my blog. I am learning to become a homemaker - so Diary of a Woman Learning it is! :)

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting...I was pretty tired when I wrote my post. I didn't even know if it made sense! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!