Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tired

I am tired today. We have had a crazy week or so around here. First, we had great news that our mortgage would be modified after we were told it would not be modified. That was a huge blessing and we are so thankful.

Then, we had to go to a hearing to determine if K was suppose to have been getting unemployment all this time or not. No matter how it turns out we feel vindicated because the woman that caused K to lose his job was made out to look like an idiot by the judge. I know it's silly, but she caused us a lot of trouble. Seeing her squirm was pretty nice. We don't know what will happen, but we feel good about being able to finally speak our peace.

I was told last week that one of my most challenging students might be moved into a special smaller class to better meet his needs. He is a handful, but I know it's just because he was so far behind and frustrated. He had come a long way, but I just could not devote enough time to him. Well, Monday afternoon his mom agreed to let him move into the other class. It will be better for both of us.

I was pretty happy to have my stress load lowered, but then I got a phone call. My grandma is not doing well. We thought we were going to lose her in January, but she hung in there. Now we don't know what is wrong. She has been sick for a long time, so she may just be tired and ready to go be with my grandpa. We all knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Today I am just worn out. I am ready for a break. I am ready for this emotional roller coaster to come to a stop for a while. Today I am focusing on today and trying my best to not worry about tomorrow until tomorrow. A verse came up on my perpetual calendar that fits so well. It always amazes me when the timing for something is just right.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
~Matthew 6:34

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you! God's timing is perfect, even if it is when He sends a message through His word. ((Big hugs)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!