Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Visits




This last few days was full of family time. My nephew is turning the big 5 this week so we had his birthday party on Saturday. I am my sister's right hand, party coordinator, go to girl, and helper for these occasions. We flutter around like crazy people for a couple of hours getting everything just right. She blames my OCD organizing, I say I just like to be ready.
Teeheehee. We all know she is right! Anyway, the party was a hit and the kiddos had a blast. Happy Birthday to the little man!

As we were leaving I get a voice mail that my Aunt Deb is coming through town Sunday. She wants to know if she can stay the night with us to break up her trip a bit. OF COURSE she can stay! I was so excited. She has been through a lot this last year and a half, but nothing gets her down. We adore her and all her energy! She has such a faith that things are all happening for a reason. I hold onto her laughter as I face challenges in my life. She arrived late (I mean late for me, I am no night owl), but we stayed up and giggled and shared our happenings until early in the morning. Unfortunately it was a quick visit, but I will hold onto it until we can see each other again.

My last family time came on the phone. During the school year I talk to my mom every morning on my way to school, but during the summer time I don't call as much. This morning I got to visit with mom and talk about all the happenings this past week. It is hard having them all the way in Idaho, but a phone call brings our lives together. I am so thankful to have my crazy family whether near or far. Any way we can visit with each other is definitely something to be grateful for in my life.



Join Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for more Gratituesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet to have so much family time. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. family visits are the best! my family is coming to visit later this week -- they haven't been here for a year!!! we can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for family time! We are going to visit my family in VA next week and very much looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!