Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yard Sale Finds

I headed out Friday morning after being gone for a few days to have some "mom" time. I found a few great yard sales right away! The first sale was not far from my house, I thought the address was one I had been to last weekend, but it was a new one! I found several "I Spy" books for the boys, a great wall frame (it will be painted soon), and a little water cooler (after our trip I thought it would have been nice to have a second one). All of that goodness for a mere $2! I thought for sure she'd ask for more!



I had been looking for some of those little decorative balls to put in a bowl I found for my entry, but the prices were WAY too high at Micheals and Joanns. I made a note to keep an eye out and I scored this weekend! I got 2 gallon sized bags overflowing with the balls for a whopping $1!!! I was so excited, it was way more than I needed, but the fruit ones will make for great fall decorations!



The second sale I found was also full of great treasures! I resisted things that were cute, but not needed until I saw a tote on the other side of the yard. Someone had written "Legos" on top of it, but I didn't think it had anything in it until I removed the lid. HOLY COW! It was full of Legos and the tag said $5. I asked if that was for the whole tote and she said yes! You don't have to tell me twice, especially after seeing set after set at Legoland with their price tags. As N said, "You made a wise choice mom!" Don't you just love him! We did have to weed out the megablocks (true Lego fans cannot have megablocks mixed in with real Legos-it's a rule I think ;0), but is was still a lot of pieces.



You can see all 4 boys got to them before I got to my camera! Hehehe!

On Saturday morning I headed back over to the first sale I had seen on Friday. There was a little chair that I could not get out of my head, so I decided to go see if it was still there. Sure enough it was sitting right out front. I asked how much and then bartered a little to get it down to $7. I love that it is black, paint worn, and has little painted flowers. I'm not sure where its final home will be, but I know it will be in the living room or nook.



Close up of the great detail!

I also scored some great clothes this weekend! I hit a sale with great long skirts, perfect for school in the winter. I love wearing skirts, but yard duty in the winter keeps me from wearing them more often. Now that problem is solved.

This gray skirt is an Ann Taylor Loft wrap around. It is heavy material and lined so it will be great this winter! It didn't have a size tag, but I figured I could just move the buttons if it didn't fit right.



This black skirt has great thin pin-stripes. Love it!



The last skirt is a great knee length denim. I think it will be super cute with the boots I found last weekend! The cost for each skirt was only $2. Not to bad for school clothes!



After yard saling I decided to head out to the thrift stores. I found a couple of things first was another long sleeve white t-shirt, great for layering during cold weather.



The cutest clothing item I found this weekend was this great brown sweater! I wish it would photograph better! It ties in the front has a little flare from the bust and from the elbows on the sleeves. It still had the store tags on it! I got them for $5.50.



So I think I made out very well this weekend! Head on over to Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality to see what everyone else found!

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Great deals, Amy! I love the chair. The skirts and sweater are cute, too.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure like the chair. Your got some great finds on the clothes.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some more great clothing bargains this week! What a cute chair with all the detailing.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chair! Oh the possibilities!! Have fun!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I came via Rhoda's blog...I just had to visit when I saw your name...Amy Lynne...that's my daughter's name...

    I like all your finds...especially the chair and skirts....I began thrifting 30 years ago when it wasn't fashionable but I saved SO much money and friends were envious of my clothes and home...

    God Bless...Betty @ Country Charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Amy Lynne - GREAT finds! You really scored. I especially love that sweet chair. Can't wait to see where you put it. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found all of those decorative balls that you had been looking for! Don't you just love when that happens? That chair is so pretty, with those flowers on the back. Alot of great finds for you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!