Friday, August 14, 2009

First Day of School

We have been dreading going back to school. Not because the boys and I don't like school, but because we have enjoyed being home with each other so much this summer. That all settled down Wednesday afternoon at back to school open house. I was so excited for the boys when we met their teachers, really great ladies with the right personalities for my monkeys!

Yesterday was their first official day back to school and they were so excited! All reports were excellent when they came home. K told me L said 3rd grade is the BEST! N quickly jumped in and said 2nd grade was too! Z had a good day with his sixth grade class and really likes his teacher.



So today on this Finer Things Friday I am happy to have raised boys that love school! Valuing your education, your teachers, and your school is definitely a finer thing!

Join Amy for more Finer Things Friday to see what everyone else is celebrating today!

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Glad it went so great! That is definitely a finer thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they had good days! Speaking as a teacher, that's just as it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear they had a great first day! Our first day is next Thursday. I've been helping the teachers (mainly Jackson's) all week and Hannah has been beebopping around the school with her BFF who is there with her mother working. She's had a blast and is very ready to go back to school. Jackson's indifferent at this point, but I know he's excited for the teacher he's going to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. I'm glad the school year is starting of well for y'all!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!