Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yard Sale Finds


We found some great sales and some great folks along the way! The first sale we hit was run by an older man. If you needed something he probably had it, that's how much he had out! I had just told K a couple of days ago I wanted to find a waffle maker and lo and behold there it was on his table. It was still in a box and is a lot bigger than the one I had before. The cost...$5! Homemade waffles here we come!



The next sale we wound up at was being run by 2 sisters. They were cracking me up pointing out all of the things they had out. K found a bunch of board games in good condition. If you know my boys, you know they LOVE games. We asked how much and they said $1 each! SOLD! We got Pictionary, Bladerdash, and Monopoly. The boxes were dusty, but the games looked like they had hardly ever been used.



At the same sale I hit the mother load for canning jars! I asked the cost and she said $2 a dozen. I was thinking about it when she came back with, "If you take them all I'll give them to you for $5, but the brand new ones will be $2." I looked at K and got out my money. I wasn't sure exactly how many jars there were, but I know a deal when I see one. When we got home I counted them...95 jars! I think I'm ready for canning season now!





Now on to K's favorite finds! He found a Dell computer tower, it seemed to be a newer one so he had me ask how much. The answer $5. OK, don't tell us twice. It is a pentium 4 and had good "bones". K just reloaded the software and cleaned it up. Now his brother has a snazzy new replacement system. Craziness I tell ya! K also found some speakers for Z's computer. Those set us back a whopping $2!



My favorite finds this weekend were 2 very pretty skirts and a couple of new in package pillow forms. Those pillow forms are destined to be pillows in the boys' loft out of the leftover fabric from the curtains. The skirts will be great for the beginning of the school year.





Well those are our bargains for the week! Head on over to Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality to see what treasures everyone else found this week.

Until next time,


16 comments:

  1. Great finds, Amy Lynne! I can't believe the deal you got on those canning jars...those are also great for gifts in a jar at Christmas. :) Visiting from Rhoda's party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love making homemade waffles. great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Who knew $5 could get you a waffle maker, a billion jars or a computer!? That was your lucky day :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cool!

    I'm glad the computer went to someone who could give it a new life :)

    I love pillows and hate how much they cost. Used, dust mite ridden pillows really freak me out. You found the PERFECT solution: garage sale, plastic covered pillow forms. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy !
    You are so lucky to know and what to do with old computers - super great ! Those canning jars were a steal ! I wish I knew how to can....
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you got a great deal on those pillow forms. Those are sooo expensive right now! I admire you so much for canning! I wish I had the space, and I wish I had enough sun to grow veggies, and I wish I knew HOW to can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You got a lot of great deals!!! Lucky you! I can't wait. After this weekend, I can start hitting the sales! :)

    Have a great week!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  8. What what great deals! Those canning jars would be good for crafts too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You got a GREAT deal on the canning jars. How wonderful! I LOVE both of the skirts you found!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say you scored some really good deals. I'm impressed with the waffle iron for $5.00. That's one small appliance I've never owned. Maybe I should be on the lookout for one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the game Bladerdash

    Great finds

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some great stuff!!! Makes me want to go yard saling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute skirts, great finds! Can't believe y'all scored a back-up hard drive for $5!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy Lynne, You found true bargains galore! The canning jars were a coup! I have a waffle maker and don't use it. Guess it goes in MY next garage sale! :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy! I'm partying a little late this week, but wanted to comment on your post--all those jars, amazing! You know I have a tutorial on my blog for them...
    Hope you are having a great week! I am, just read today's post on my blog.
    S in TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!