Sunday, May 16, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week 5-16-10


We have had a busy couple of weeks! We were with my family last weekend to celebrate my late grandfather's life. His service was especially touching because of the Navy Color Guard flag presentation. When the sailors saw all of the memorabilia from my grandfather's Navy days up on the walls on the house they got a little choked up. It was such an honor for all of us.


I got the biggest surprise ever while we were gone. My mom and dad came to my grandma's house! They live in Idaho and we have not seen each other in 3 years. Between finances and obligations at home I thought there was no way they would be able to make the trip. I talk to my ma every day, but getting to hug her neck brought me to tears. I miss them so very much. It was a total surprise and I don't think I will ever be able to thank my cousin and aunt for making the trip happen. My grandma was so happy to see my mom. It had been five years since they had seen each other. Having her first born there was very important to my grandma and it was even sweeter to have all 7 of her kids there for Mother's Day weekend. K and my dad had a great visit too, fixing stuff and hanging out! I was sad to go home, but hopefully we won't have to wait so long to see each other again.


Needless to say I had a lot of processing to do when we got home, I even took an extra day of work and K and I just hung out together for the day. My emotions had been all over the place, so it took a couple of days for me to feel like I was back to normal. I miss my family and I am so glad summer is almost here for visiting.


Here is what we have planned for this week:


Breakfasts: Cereal, Oatmeal, Biscuits, Muffins, Pancakes, French Toast, Waffles, Fruit


Lunches:
Ham or PB & J Sandwiches, Meat and Crackers, Fruit or Veggies, String Cheese, Hard Boiled Eggs, Granola Bars, Fruit Leather, Homemade Chewy Bars


Dinners:

Sunday- Tacos, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice


Monday- Leftovers


Tuesday- Tangerine Beef, Rice, Sugar Snap Peas

Wednesday- Salad Bar ~ grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, and all the other fixings from OUR garden!


Thursday- Keilbasa, Ranch Potatoes, Broccoli, Salad

Friday- Hamburgers, Fries, Salad


Saturday- Pizza, Salad


Find more menu planning inspiration at Organizing Junkie.


Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. HOw exciting to be able to see your mom and dad and grandma!! :D

    Yummy looking meal plan! I need to get some kielbasa as we love them, but haven't had it in a while.

    Have a great Monday!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!