Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Teenager

I know a lot of people that said, "Just wait until you have a teenager."  With the look of pain and regret firmly planted in their eyes.  Kenny and I scoffed at them because we knew.  We knew our boy and we knew our family.

Having a teenager for almost a year now has been a blessing.  This kid still talks to us, still wants to eat with us, still wants to go places with us.

You see I don't think it's the teenagers that change so much, I think it's the parents projecting their fears and insecurities about the job they've done so far.

 The mama and the teenager

We are not perfect parents, but we are parents.  We set boundaries and encourage exploration and creative growth.  So what did we wind up with, well I'd say we wound up with a kid who loves us as much as we love him.  To me that is the greatest success a parent can hope for when rearing these little humans!

Until next time,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!