Friday, February 15, 2013

Coffee Date {busy}

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you this was a busy week!
I am so grateful for another three day weekend!

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you my school practiced a lock down.
What a crazy time to be a teacher, 
but our school rocked the drill!

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you I went on a great bike ride a couple of days go.
I cannot wait to go again.
Sunny forecasts are raising my spirits and my bike is ready!!

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you my boys were loud this week.
Sunshine woke them up and they were "battling" 
every. single. day.
I love them, but there is no volume control.

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you I surprised the boys on Valentine's Day.
Donuts from the donut shop for a sweet breakfast.

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you waiting and not knowing if there is a new job 
out there for me
is hard!

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you my decision to homeschool 
two of the boys next year is being reaffirmed everyday.
It's going to be hard and wonderful all mixed in one!
The best part is they are excited.

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you to watch this kid's TED talk...
so good!

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you I sent handwritten notes to a few friends this week.
Why did I ever stop doing that?
It was so good to write a little note and send some love to special ladies!

If we were having coffee...
I'd tell you we'll be working on the garden this weekend.
Sunshine is here, so we have to take advantage.
Fresh vegetables in my backyard?
Yes, please!

If we were having coffee...
You would get a big hug and 
 I'd say your turn!  
Catch me up on you!
Until next time,


Joining Alissa


Joining Casey









10 comments:

  1. We'll be gardening soon, too. I've been slowly fighting the weeds and planning where everything is going to go.
    Just clicked over from Casey's link up. Now your newest follower, looking forward to getting to know you!
    -Mary
    thesauerpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! We got our space cleared out again, now we just have to get the seeds in the ground.

      Delete
  2. Visiting from Rags to Stitches coffee date. Love that ted video...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it great! I love TED videos, so many amazing speakers!

      Delete
  3. I would miss you terribly and deeply if you left our school. You are the sanest one I can talk to!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss everyone to, but I'm not counting my chicks until they're hatched ;)

      Delete
  4. definitely agree...3 day weekend! I find it VERY interesting that you are a teacher and you are planning on home schooling?! My son is almost 4 and I worry. Stopping by from the link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to do what is right for your son and family. I was interested in homeschooling way before I got my husband on board. We were fortunate to move to an area with an amazing elementary school, but after going through some nonsense middle school issues we decided 6th grade would be it for our boys in public school.

      Since I am a public school teacher I really see the struggles so many kids face in a traditional setting. I try to do the best I can to meet everyone's needs, but in all reality having 25+ kids in a classroom with one teacher is just tough on all of us.

      Trust your instincts with your son and you can't go wrong!

      Delete
  5. This TED talk was amazing!! I love that parents decide to allow their kids to be kids and be creative + forward thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Letting the kids guide their future is such an amazing concept!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!