Thursday, April 29, 2010

Loving Memories

Last weekend my family lost my grandpa. "Pap" was an amazing man and loved his grandkids and great-grandkids terribly. He was one of my biggest cheerleaders as I pushed to finish college, my teaching credential, and masters degree. He made a point to tell me how proud he was every time I talked to him in person or on the phone. I don't know if he ever knew how important his words were to me.

The flood of memories in my mind is comforting as I get ready to go home to see all the family. I know stories will be told by all, after all, we learned story telling from him! He loved talking to my husband because he was relatively new to the family and hadn't heard all the stories before. I thought it was cute when they would be chatting away off in a corner somewhere.


My little sister and "Pap" when we were kids.
This is one of my favorite pictures ever!


We will miss him very much, but with his loss comes a reunion of all the cousins that are scattered around the country. I hate that we are coming together for such a sad occasion, but I am grateful we will all get to be together for a couple of days! A family coming together is always a finer thing!

Until next time,



This post is linked to Finer Things Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for your family during this time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your family time and treasure the ones still w you. SO sorry for your loss.
    Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I never knew my dad's dad, but my mom's dad is feeling his age, and well... I just can't fathom losing him!

    Family reunions, however... for ANY occasion... are a sure blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like he was a special guy-sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!