Thursday, April 22, 2010

Track and Field



Last weekend my little boys began their track and field mini season. Our community parks and recreation department offers a 4 week session to teach the kids all about the different events of track and field. It is put on by the local high school coaches and track team members. Seeing my kids being taught and encouraged by big kids is pretty cool in my book. These teenagers come out on a Saturday morning to teach little kids how to run, jump, and throw. I think I almost had as much fun watching the expressions on these teenagers' faces as I did watching my boys' faces!


L practicing proper sprinting techniques


N practicing the long jump

Having a community that values introducing kids to different sports in a noncompetitive environment is definitely a finer thing! Head on over to Amy's for Finer Things Friday to see what other great things are happening around blogland!

Until next time,








2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!