Sunday, April 25, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week 4-25-10


This weekend was not what I was expecting. Saturday we lost my grandfather. He had been battling many ailments over the last few years, so it is comforting (to a degree) that he is no longer in pain. His life was full and he was well loved and will be missed! I am taking comfort in his strong faith and in knowing he was a man well deserving of a spot in heaven!

We will be heading down south for a memorial in a couple of weeks and then my uncle will be taking his ashes to rest in Arlington National Cemetery. The Navy was my "pap's" life, so resting among America's finest meant a lot to him. My hubby can still hear him telling stories about his Navy days! I am so honored that I will have two grandfathers buried at Arlington.

I have a busy week to get to! My students begin their state testing tomorrow. I think I am more nervous than they are about the whole thing. I know I have taught them everything they need, but I still wonder if there was more I could do. I hate that these tests are so important now, but I am also curious to see how my kids perform! It is a crazy time to be a teacher for sure!

Here is what we have planned for this week:


Breakfasts: Cereal, Oatmeal, Biscuits, Muffins, Pancakes, French Toast, Waffles, Fruit


Lunches:
Ham or PB & J Sandwiches, Leftovers, Fruit or Veggies, String Cheese, Hard Boiled Eggs, Granola Bars, Fruit Leather, Homemade Chewy Bars


Dinners:

Sunday- Homemade Chinese ~ Mongolian Beef, Lemon Chicken, Steamed Rice, Broccoli, and Purple Cauliflower

Monday- Kielbasa, Ranch Potatoes, Salad

Tuesday- Tacos, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Salad

Wednesday- Leftovers ~ YOYO

Thursday- Toasted Cheese and Soup

Friday- Homemade Pizza, Salad

Saturday- Salad Bar


Find more menu planning inspiration at Organizing Junkie.

Until next time,


4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your grandfather. He sounds like a wonderful man. My kids are doing their state testing this week, too. (I used to teach 4th and 2nd grades, so I know how you feel.) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from orgjunkie. I am sorry about your grandfather. I will keep your family in my prayers. On a lighter note, you have a great menu this week. :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandpa passed away 4 years ago. I still miss him bunches! His Navy stories were always something we enjoyed. He was on the USS Franklin when it was bombed. Many lost their lives that day. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy Lynne, I am so sorry about your grandpa. You and your family are in my prayers. What an honor to be buried in Arlington. Being prior serivice and now an Army wife, I truly understand what you mean and I thank God everyday for those who have served, are serving and will serve. Please know that I am thinking about you =)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!