Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thankful

 
 There is nothing like a new school year to keep me away from blogging!  I have missed it, but quite honestly I needed to focus on my home life and new students for a while.  It has been a pretty good start to the new year!  I was so nervous about having 28+ students this year, but it really has not been too bad.  I have been blessed with a pretty mild group this year.  After struggling with super challenging classes over the past few years I was pretty anxious about what awaited me!

I am seeing challenges in the number of students, but hopefully I will be able to get everyone to where they need to be by the end of the year.  I wish I didn't have to have 28 kids, but I am thankful that I kept my job while so many others lost theirs.  It's a scary time in education, but I am determined to make the best of it!  If I can keep a good attitude I am positive I can make it through.  There will be lots of prayers this year, but I know the prayers I've made already are helping so much!

So today I am grateful for my job and for my new students.  I think we're going to have a pretty awesome year!

Head on over to Heavenly Homemakers to see what everyone else is grateful for today!

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Gratituesday.
    I work on the admistrative side of education. Our district (Milwaukee) had to lay off about 300 teachers and cut numerous programs. With 80% of students at the poverty level and and 60% considered "special ed" and, like you, 28 or more kinds in one room - boy, my hats off to you teachers. I don't know how you all do it but I"m so grateful that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! 28+ is a lot! But, yes, so many have lost their jobs. We just started home school this week, and I might as well have 28-lol! It has been a bit hectic but mostly because I didn't get my planning done early in the summer.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!