Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week 1-2-11




Well, this year is off to a good start and I think we are all on board to keep working on making healthy choices for our meals. I just watched "Food Matters" which is a film about why nutrition is so important in maintaining health. It was pretty much common sense stuff, but it was a timely reminder. I am looking forward to preparing more whole foods for our family this year and expanding our current diet! I need to remember the importance of feeding my family good foods even when I have had a long day in the classroom.

K and I have also decided it is worth the time and gas money to head to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods once a month (along with Costco) to get our groceries. Finding good foods and customer service is becoming harder in the town we usually shop in, so the change will be for the best. We will continue using the farmer's market on Saturdays for our raw milk and produce needs until our garden is producing again. I think making good decisions and supporting good companies with our dollars will benefit all of us in the long run.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Here is what we have planned to eat for this week:

Breakfasts: Cereal, Oatmeal, Biscuits, Muffins, Pancakes, French Toast, Waffles, Fruit

Lunches: Ham or PB & J Sandwiches, Meat and Crackers, Leftovers, Fruit or Veggies, String Cheese, Hard Boiled Eggs, Granola Bars, Fruit Leather, Homemade Chewy Bars

Dinners:

Sunday-
Chicken and Dumplings, Salad

Monday- Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli, Italian Sausage, Buttered Bread, Salad

Tuesday- Tacos, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice, Salad

Wednesday-
Beef Stew, Potatoes, Carrots, Rolls

Thursday- Leftovers

Friday- Pizza, Salad

Saturday-
Marlboro Man Sandwich, Onion Strings, Salad

Find more menu planning inspiration at Organizing Junkie.


Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Your menu sound very good. We love Chicken and Dumplings, as a matter of fact I have it on the menu for next week. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!