Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reflecting

As we all begin 2011 I keep reflecting on all the things that happened in our lives during 2010. Looking back I think 2010 was a rough year for my family emotionally, but a stellar year for us to grow and learn and become closer than ever.

2010 began with the worry that I would be losing my grandmother. It was a blow that I was not expecting. Her health has been a roller coaster ride for my entire family. She is still kicking and my family had the pleasure of being her caretakers for a couple of days last weekend. Her spirit is shaken, but she is hanging in there!

We all thought we would lose my grandmother, but instead it was my grandfather that passed away. He had just worn himself out taking care of my grandmother for so long. He is at peace and he is missed everyday.

The summer of 2010 was a good one. We began the season with a quick beach trip to see some friends. The boys discovered surfing and boogie boarding and K and I learned we need to take our wedding rings off when we hit the beach! K was so sad to lose his ring, but things like that happen. The overall trip was awesome and I renewed my love of San Diego!

Our school year began with a bang. The boys excelled in their classes and I struggled with students who were not even close to being ready for 2nd grade. This school year has been a huge struggle for me. I am trying to make the best out of a bad situation, but it is a major challenge some days!

The beginning of the school also brought great joy and excitement and sorrow and heartbreak in the span of a week. We have been wanting to add on to our family for quite some time and in August we thought that that time had finally come. I was overjoyed at the prospect of having another baby, but my joy was quickly replaced when I miscarried. It all happened so fast I don't know if I even really processed everything. Some days I catch myself daydreaming about being pregnant. I never thought I would ever lose a pregnancy, but it did happen and I stinks!

My sewing has been my savior in relieving stress and keeping me occupied! I have been able to make some extra money too! I am hoping in 2011 my sewing continues to help us financially and me emotionally. K has been working on a website for me, so maybe I will be selling my goods on the web this year and not just locally.

We have really looked at our finances in 2010 and we have a pretty good idea of what we want to do and how we can do it. K is continuing his job hunt. We have reduced our bills quite a bit, so he doesn't have to find a super high paying job. I am hoping he finds something where he can use his talents and be truly happy. I know there is something out there, we just have to keep looking.

Our 2010 was a bumpy ride, but we hung in there and made it through stronger than before. I am hopeful that 2011 will be better for us and that we will all continue to thrive.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. The best thing about the new year is that it is new :) Praying that 2011 will be a great year for you and your family. You are in my prayers, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!