Friday, September 10, 2010

We Will Never Forget


I will never forget the horror and sadness and fear I felt the morning of September 11, 2001. Living in California we were so far away from the tragedy, but not from the uncertainty of everything. I just wanted to hold K, Z, and baby L and not leave our house. I had been scheduled to work later in the day and K was getting ready to leave when it all unfolded before our eyes on the news. I was scared for K because he worked in a government building, but they wanted everyone to come in anyway. I worked in a mall at the time and they shut it down for a couple of days, so I was able to stay home with my babies.

I was so proud to be an American that horrible day because we all came together to stand up for all those that were lost. My heart still hurts and tears still fill my eyes when I see footage from that day. I will never forget the sinking feeling in my stomach as the world I knew would be forever changed.

Nine years later we still stand together and refuse to forget those people who went to work on a typical Tuesday not knowing how their day would become torn and tangled at the hands of evil. We hold their memories up for all to see. Americans are unlike any other people in the world and on that fateful day the world found out how deep the red, white, and blue runs in our veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!