Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week 1-31-10


Our menu went a much better last week! This week is starting off well. We have Z's birthday on Monday, so he picked the menu. He is my adventurer, willing to try foods he hasn't eaten before. I love that about him, but K and I aren't sure where he gets it from because we were both SUPER picky eaters as kids. Wish me luck making Salmon. K and I are not fish eaters, so Salmon is new to my kitchen.


I think this is going to be a great week! The sun has been out for a couple of days so everyone is in a great mood! I am looking forward to my upcoming long weekend, so hopefully this week will move quickly.


Here is what we have planned for this week:


Breakfasts: Cereal, Oatmeal, Waffles , Pancakes, French toast, Fruit


Lunches:
Ham or PB & J Sandwiches, Leftovers, Fruit or Veggies, String Cheese, Hard Boiled Eggs, Granola Bars, Fruit Leather


Dinners:

Sunday- Spaghetti, Italian Sausage, Buttered Bread, Salad


Monday- Birthday Dinner for Z~ Lemon Basil Salmon, Broccoli, Rice Pilaf

Tuesday- Tri Tip, Baked Potatoes, Salad

Wednesday- Tacos, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice


Thursday- Poor Man's Meal, Salad

Friday- Homemade Pizza, Salad

Saturday- PW's Chicken Pot Pie, Salad


Find more menu planning inspiration at Organizing Junkie.


Until next time,


5 comments:

  1. I do wish you the best of luck with the salmon! I'm sure it'll be great! That's wonderful that your son likes to try new things though! (I am not brave enough to try it...it smells funny!!) Hope ya'll have fun celebrating his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking menu! What is the poor man's meal? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy menu! Hope your son has a blessed birthday!

    Thank you for replying to my comment on your pizza. I will have to look into a pizza stone!
    Do you mind sharing your pizza crust recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the crust recipe I use for our pizza...I hope you like it too!

    3 cups flour ( I use unbleached)
    1 1/8 cups warm water
    1 1/4 tsp sea salt
    1 1/2 TBS olive oil
    1 1/2 tsp yeast

    I try to let it rise for at least an hour, but I think a little longer is better. I double this recipe to make two thick crust pizzas. If you look at June of last year I did a whole post on the pizzas. I can't paste the link in here, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry- Poor Man's Meal is a recipe from a sweet lady who's grandson started filming her cook and put it on youtube under Depression Era Cooking. Her name is Miss Clara and my boys and I just love her. The meal is basically cooked chopped potatoes, onions, cut up hot dogs, and seasoning. She adds tomato sauce, but we leave it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!