Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pantry Inventory

I usually have a good idea about what we have in the pantry and freezer, so it wasn't really hard for me to make my list (it just took a loonngg time). I hate to have things out of order; I'm just a little goofy that way! My oldest called me a "neat freak" the other day and I couldn't argue.

We have a lot of good things to use, so I may be able to extend the challenge for myself until part of February. We'll see how the shelves look in a few weeks!

This is what we have on hand right now:

  • Cereal (The containers are mostly full, but I'm not sure we'll have enough to get through the month. If we run out we'll just have to decide whether or not to buy more at that time.)
  • Oatmeal Packets (about 30)
  • Oats ~ 4lbs
  • Wheat Flour ~ 3lbs
  • Unbleached Flour ~ 25lbs
  • Organic Sugar ~ 20lbs
  • Pasta – 10 different kinds (Do ya think someone buys her pasta a Costco?!? I think I need to start using some of this for lunches too!)
  • ½ jar Dehydrated Scalloped Potatoes
  • 1 Canister Quick Oats
  • 1 Container Rice Flour ( for play dough)
  • 1 jar powdered sugar
  • 1 jar cornmeal
  • ½ jar peanut butter chips
  • 1 jar chocolate chips
  • ¾ jar cinnamon chips
  • 1 jar each chocolate and vanilla melties
  • ¼ jar coconut flakes
  • ¾ jar demerara
  • 1 jar Basmati Rice (+15lbs in a pail)
  • ½ jar orzo pasta
  • 1 basket tea bags
  • 1 ½ canisters Nesquik
  • 3 ½ bottles syrup
  • 2 jars grape jam
  • 1 jar apple jelly
  • 2 ½ jars peanut butter
  • 1 dill pickle relish
  • 2 mayoniase
  • 1 ketchup
  • 2 mustard
  • 1 ¼ bottle organic olive oil
  • 6 cans Albacore tuna
  • 3 cans chicken breast
  • 8 cans organic tomato paste
  • 8 cans organic diced tomatoes
  • 19 cans organic tomato sauce
  • 17 cans chicken soup
  • 17 cans other soups
  • 13 cans refried beans
  • 3 cans olives – whole
  • 3 cans olives – chopped
  • 6 snack size pineapple chunks
  • 1 can organic pumpkin puree
  • 5 cans evaporated milk
  • 4 cans condensed milk
  • 2 bottles taco sauce (I use it for enchiladas)
  • 2 bottles BBQ sauce (Z usually makes it from scratch)
  • 1 bottle balsamic vinaigrette
  • 1 container mixed nuts
  • 4 juice pouches
  • 1 overflowing basket of red potatoes
  • 1 basket Russett potatoes
  • 1 red onion
  • 4 yellow onions
  • 3 bulbs garlic
  • 8 Frappuccinos
  • 19 packs microwave popcorn (leftover from classroom treat)
  • 16 simply fruit rolls (I will have to get more for school this month)
  • 6 granola bars
  • 20 chewy bars
  • ½ bag Doritos
  • ½ bag Kettle Potato Chips
  • 1 box saltines
  • 1 package marshmellows
  • 3 jars marshmellow cream
  • 1 container candy corn (probably going in the freezer?)
  • 4 boxes vanilla pudding
  • 5 boxes Jello
  • Hot chocolate packs
  • ½ jar honey (about 2 ½ lbs)
  • and I topped off all my spices, so we should be good to go for a while!

Wow! Did you make it all the way to the bottom? Goodness that is a lot of stuff!! Well, I think I will spare you the freezer today and stop here!

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm sure that did take a lot of time to inventory! Your pantry is nice & organized though and seems to be very space efficient!

    Have fun with the Pantry Challenge!! I think it will make for an interesting month for us!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!