Monday, March 15, 2010

Generous Friends



Last year K and I added some citrus trees to our garden, but they are still babies so no fruit yet. Even though our trees aren't producing we are still getting all the vitamin C we need around here. Over the past two years we have been abundantly blessed with oranges and lemons by a friend K and I have known since college (he's the reason K and I stayed together after we first started dating!). He takes time to pick, clean, and deliver a box of amazing citrus to us on a pretty regular basis. He knows we like juice around here and a bowl of oranges on the counter is always a good thing! I also think he comes over to try to corrupt the boys, but that's a whole other story!!


Yummy-ness waiting for us!




These oranges are not just a nice treat. They are truly the best oranges we can get around here! So today I am very grateful for our friend and his amazing orange tree! Our family loves seeing him come up the driveway with a box in his hands!



He brought so many I had to leave some in the box!

Head on over to Laura's at Heavenly Homemakers to see what everyone else is grateful for this week!

Until next time,




2 comments:

  1. What a great treat! Fresh picked citris is one of the things I miss living in the Central Valley of California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I'm sure they are delicious! I've never had a fresh orange before...only what I can find in the store! I'm sure they are so much better!! Enjoy your oranges from your wonderful friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!