Friday, March 12, 2010

Why I Am a Teacher


Sometimes when you teach you get kiddos that are challenging to say the least! Well our school had a little girl who would not speak to her teacher. Not in kindergarten, not in first grade, not in second grade. Here's where I come in, this little girl was sent to me by her teacher to see if I could get her to say anything. Well folks...after a little stubbornness (on both our parts) she did! I was so excited. I jumped out of my chair and hugged her. It was amazing to have a child that is a selective mute actually talk to someone she didn't know!

I don't know what I did differently than any of the other teachers, but it really doesn't matter now because she is TALKING! She has been moved into my class for the rest of the year and I am so excited to have her!

It truly is a finer thing to get through to a student that has not been able to be reached. I am so glad I was in the right place at the right time to experience this amazing event! I think we needed each other and as always forces beyond me put us together.

Join Amy over at Finer Things Friday for more wonderful life events!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy! How awesome! I know those amazing moments don't happen near enough in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!