Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Keeping Faith


I have been thinking about all of the good things that have happened in our life this year and I came to one conclusion, even with K losing his job we are very blessed people. As I wrote our family Christmas letter I realized all of the good things that have come from K being at home this year. First of all, he is happy again. Going to a job you really hate is definitely draining on your very soul. Almost as important, the boys and I have noticed a better man coming back to us. K has always been a very loving and honorable man, but he had been so frustrated at work that he had become pretty grumpy at home. I am so thankful the boys get to see this positive transformation of their daddy. K has worked hard this year to do things around our home to make it a better place for all of us, especially me! He has made me a fenced in garden, a great storage pantry, and worked hard on completing projects around the house! Having K home has meant the boys get to spend a lot more time with their daddy, which in my opinion is always a good thing!

Even with the stress we could be feeling I am pretty peaceful in my life right now. Money is not the most important thing in the world. The most important thing in the world is building strong relationships with the people you love! So today I am grateful for the blessing we received when K lost his job. I've written about blessing in disguise and this has definitely been one! I didn't know when this all started how it would turn out (and I still don't J), but I know we will have a stronger family bond because of it. We have been watched over and protected and I know things will work out the way they are supposed to. I just have to keep my faith that there is a reason everything in my life has happened the way it has, this self-proclaimed control freak is not in control right nowJ.

On this Gratituesday you should head on over to Laura's to see what everyone else is grateful for this week.

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. WOw, what a blessing to hear how God is working through your husband and family during this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!