Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Family Time


Last Friday and Saturday three of my favorite girls came to stay with us. My cousin and her daughters made the 3 1/2 hour trek to our house to escape their busy lives and have some crafting time with me! I taught D, the youngest, how to use her mom's sewing machine. Let me just tell you for 9 years old she did wonderfully. I am by no means a master seamstress, but it was sure fun teaching her how to sew! I let her loose in my scrap basket and she had a ball. I told K I knew there was a reason I was saving all those scraps!!

We made her an apron while her big sis and mom picked 2 that I had already made for my shop. The funny thing is that I had picked out fabric to make an apron for my cousin last fall and life happened so it wasn't made until this summer. Guess which apron she chose?? Yup, the one made out of the fabric I had picked for her! How funny is that?!? Here they are showing off their aprons for me. I love the fun they have together!









We had a ball being girls and hanging out. My boys even got into the mix! The kids are pretty close in age and act a lot alike. It actually pretty funny how much the oldest two act like each other.

It was just neat to just work on projects, have fun, and get in lots of giggling as a big family. I am so grateful she decided to take a break and make the visit. I think we all loved having them here!

Family is always something I can be grateful for especially in this crazy world!
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

Until next time,



1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!