Monday, December 31, 2012

{2012}

This year was a time for changes and things finally falling into place for my little family.
 I can safely say 2012 was a good year in my house.

I think I have finally found my voice and my style...
all of a sudden I am not holding back when something is not right. 
It's kind of liberating and terrifying at the same time.  
 Don't get me wrong, I have always spoken my mind (ha),
 but it was much softer
 and usually much more mild than what I was actually thinking! 
My style has become more colorful and full of texture...
in the clothes I am wearing and the little changes that we're making in the house.
I am loving all of it...
thrift stores and Pinterest are so good to me!

This I added another candle to the birthday cake...
rounding up to 40 now {yikes}.

We added a nephew to the ranks...
he is keeping all of us on our toes.

My boys are becoming such amazing men...
when strangers compliment us on our "obvious" parenting and family centered lifestyle...
can you say tears in my eyes and happiness in my heart?!?

Kenny has found his grove with his microcontrollers...
helping to build a brand new company doing something he loves...
it's not just a job for him anymore...
happiness and pride trump a big paycheck any day!!

Amy's Monkeys is becoming more of a business than just a hobby...
getting to make things that other people want to pay for...
really?!?
It's amazing to me that my creations and love can help keep me in fabric and pay a few bills!
This year brought more confidence in what I do...
quality and detail are so important to me and others have complimented both in my products!

Living on what we have and planning for what we need were big milestones for us this year.
Dave Ramsey's common sense approach has finally, really taken hold.
We're not perfect, but we have such a better handle on all things financial.
Having a plan and working the plan has been so empowering!
Hopefully we'll gain some more traction and knock out more debt in 2013.

So 2012 we really liked you!

2013 we're ready and we're expecting another great year!

 Until next time,

 




2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!