Saturday, December 15, 2012

{processing}

The events of 12-14-12 are racing through my mind.
This momma and teacher is rocked to the core...
How in the world could something so insane happen at an elementary school?

My heart is broken for all the families and the staff in Newtown...
how will they move forward...
how will they process all the loss and fear they must have endured?

I sent a text to Kenny after I heard about this tragedy at school...
"Have you seen the news?"
His response...
"I'm trying not to watch...it's too close to home."

I am so thankful for those brave people that responded to protect the babies in their care.
I hope I would do the same...
I've thought about where I would place my students in the classroom if we had a lock down...
I don't want to ever have to use that plan, but in this world full of anger 
it's important to be ready.

My winter break began at 12:30pm and I was on the way home by 1:00pm...
ready to see my babies and get them home safe and sound.
I am aching for the mommas who weren't able to do that.
I was able to see my boys at their school happy and playing with their friends...
oblivious to the horrors in Connecticut.
I am so thankful we are on winter break now...
I need some time with my babies and some time to process everything.

May God's comfort and blessing surround Newtown, Connecticut and the nation as we all sift through the thoughts and emotions brought forth by this horrible incident...

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!