Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So Cool!


I got to do the coolest thing ever last night...I walked out into my garden with a bowl and a knife and I cut our very own homegrown broccoli for our dinner! Okay, well maybe it's not the coolest thing ever, but it sure is AWESOME!

I really thought my broccoli was never going to produce, but I decided to leave it alone and see what happened. You know what happened?!? It grew! Who knew?!? I am so stoked to be able to serve something so fresh and so full of flavor to my family! My kids and hubby gobbled it up! We will be having broccoli often as my plants continue to grow. I just hope the weather keep cooperating!

I always have broccoli on our Thanksgiving menu, but it will be even better this year coming from our own labors! Maybe we'll even feel like the pilgrims celebrating the harvest! Well, that may be a stretch, but we will enjoy the broccoli of our labor. Hehehe!

Having a garden in my back yard totally works for me!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!