Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparations!


The ultimate vision of a wonderful Thanksgiving!


As I have mentioned we will be having a full house for Thanksgiving this year. I am beyond excited and a little overwhelmed at the same time. I want everything to be perfect because I am a certified perfectionist, but I have learned (the hard way) enjoying my company is much more important than a perfect dinner presentation. I am making myself a bunch of lists to stay focused on what is really important for the comfort of my impending guests.

1. A welcoming home
2. Lots of good food
3. Clean bathrooms
(I live with 4 boys, so this can be a struggle, what can I say just keeping it real)
4. A hostess that is not grumpy
5. Letting these amazing women help me in the kitchen

Now on to the TO DOs before everyone gets here Wednesday:

1. House cleaned
-vacuum, dust, mop, bathrooms, kitchen
2. Little Boys' bedroom ready for guests
-fresh sheets, clean comforters, surfaces cleared
2. Pies baked
3. Eggs boiled for Deviled Eggs
4. Turkey defrosted
5. Craft supplies/ materials put away
6. Desk in kitchen cleared for serving dishes

TO DOs on Wednesday:
1. Go to school and enjoy my kiddos
2. Peel and cut potatoes
3. Cranberry jelly in fridge
4. Bake pies
5. Enjoy our guests

I think that's about as simple as I can make it for myself. I know I'll want to add in extras, but I'm working hard to remember to focus on what is truly important...spending time with our friends and family.

Have a great week everyone!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!