Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day



Today I want to thank all of my friends and family members who have chosen to serve our country in the military! We have every branch covered by someone we know and love very much. I am so very proud and humbled to have these brave souls in our family circle! The Air Force, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Marines are lucky to have or have had your time and your dedication to the defense of our great nation!

My grandpa Don paid the ultimate sacrifice and lost his life protecting the men who served under him in Vietnam. I never had the honor of meeting this man, but I hold him in the highest of regards for the sacrifice he made. His bravery is what serving in the military is all about!



So today it is our duty to honor and salute those active members and those that have retired from the armed forces! We should be humbled by the choice made to serve, it is an awesome responsibility.

Hug a veteran or active member and say, "THANK YOU!" For all you do!

Saluting our service men and women works for me!

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. I used to cook breakfast for my father (a Veteran) every year on this day!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad was a veteran. I want to join you in thanking our vets. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!