Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting Ready for Back to School




I am just a couple of days away from getting back into my classroom to set up for the new year. This time of year is bitter sweet for me because I have to go back to "work", but I also get to meet a whole new group of little people. I am excited and sad all at the same time. It is a little silly, but it is what it is. I love my summers because I really get to be a stay at home mom, but I love teaching too.

The last few days I have been working on things around the house to make our transition back to school easier. I am restocking our freezer pancakes and muffins for those busy mornings and all of our lunch supplies are refilled. I have gotten the monkeys' lunch bags ordered, socks and undies are new for the year, and dressers have been cleaned out and clothes are ready to be passed down. I am trying my best to make sure everyone is back on an early wake up schedule too, not an easy task with an almost teenager!

I have also been working on things for my classroom that make my life easier and more organized. Binders are ready, folders are ready, plan book is dated, grade book is ready, but I still have to go through my classroom library books. UGH! I need to weed out the books, but let me tell you I have a lot of books. I am a book junkie, just kidding, but I do love having a big library for my students to enjoy. Well this year I decided I really need to have just books the kids can take quizzes on through Accelerated Reader. So over the next couple of days I will be sorting and purging my books.

I am so glad I have been working on little projects here and there all summer, it's really going to make that last days before school starts back up much easier for all of us! To me being prepared for any upcoming event is definitely a Finer Thing.

Head on over to Amy's to see what Finer Things everyone else is celebrating as our summer is winding down.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Amy -- I have to tell you about "the dream." EVERY year, starting about 2 weeks before school started, I had a reaccuring dream. It's been a few years... but it went something like this: My classroom was NOT ready, I was NOT ready, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and frantically hanging things on my classroom walls, and IN WALK MY STUDENTS for the first day of school.

    What a nightmare! Every. Single. Year. that I taught. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!