Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sweet Words

I was cooking breakfast with N helping me the other morning. He leaned over to me from his stool and said, "Mom, I'm glad you like cooking with me!" I just about started crying right then and there. I love that he values the simple things we do together.

Then last night L, who is 8, comes up to me as I was working on the computer and says, "You must be a confident parent." "Why do you say that?" I ask. "Well because you're a good mom to us." I respond holding back the tears "Yup, you guys are so amazing, I must be doing things right." Hugs and squeezes for my blue eyed boy!

Wow, am I really rearing these amazing little men? They are so wise beyond their years. How lucky I am to be a part of their journey!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy Lynne!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. The journey will be long and I struggle with staying committed to exercise but I'm tired of not liking what I see.

    I love the statements our sweet, innocent children make. They are so pure and genuine! Priceless!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet! :D WHat a blessing to hear him say! I would have lost it especially presently.

    Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!