Sunday, July 26, 2009

Menu Plan for the Week

Well we're back to a normal summer schedule this week! We had to eat out a couple of times last week because of a very disappointing "continental breakfast" at our hotel. For the most part our plan to eat what we brought with us worked out great! This week we should be right where we like to be...eating at HOME!

Breakfasts- oatmeal, cereal, french toast, pancakes (freezer stash- I may need to make more this week), omelets

Lunches- ham sandwiches, summer sausage and crackers, PB & J sandwiches, fruit, carrots with ranch, celery with peanut butter

Dinners-

Sunday- Roasted Whole Chicken, steamed red potatoes, steamed summer squash (This chicken turned out great- I was trying to get it to taste like Costco's rotisserie chicken- I didn't prep it overnight and it was still very tasty and moist!)

Monday- Grilled Cheese and veggies

Tuesday- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad

Wednesday- Chicken Salad (using leftover chicken from Sunday) and Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Homemade Sourdough Bread, fruit, salad

Thursday- K's Birthday so Homemade Pizza Night!

Friday- Yoyo Leftovers

Saturday- Hamburgers, fries, grilled squash, fries, salad

So there you have it! Head on over to Laura's at Organizing Junkie to see what everyone else is planning for the week!

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. too funny. I just found your blog through another one. I had to click on you through the comments because I am also an "Amy Lynn" I just don't have the "e". I need to go and plan my menu for the week. And make lunch. It is ham sandwiches here for a little picnic in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you freeze the pancakes, do you just reheat them in the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I defrost them for about 1 min or so at 50% power then on high for about 30 seconds (oh I flip them over too). If I'm doing more than two at a time I up the cooking times a little. It has worked out great for busy school mornings and is so much less expensive (and healthier)than the store bought pancakes. I pick a day once every couple of weeks and make a lot. I then let them cool and then store them in the freezer in gallon size Ziploc bags in stacks 4 high. I can get 16 pancakes in each bag. I hope this helps!

    Amy Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing meatloaf on everyone's menus. I'm going to have to make one next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your words!